Winter Living Magazine article by Dr Janet Roark. myth #2. This one hit home yesterday when my daughter’s puppy started chewing on a On Guard Softgel, which he had found on the floor. Evidently the bottle cap had become dislodged during transit and softgels scattered throughout suitcase. You know how accidents happen!!! He was playing with it, bit down and she noticed a problem when he began drooling. Luckily for him he didn’t get too much of a dose by poking into the gel cap! These On Guard Softgels, http://bit.ly/2CyDJ5M , are potent, concentrated capsules, one of which I take daily for immune support. Read on for Dr Janet’s comments about these occasional accidents!
“MYTH: If my pet gets too much oil, they will die. TRUTH: This is extremely rare and most adverse reactions are due to a significant amount of essential oil(two bottles undiluted, for example) being used or consumed. However, anyone who has rushed their dog to the vet after they ate an entire chocolate cake when no one was looking, knows that accidents can happen.” ( See above story!) ” In the event of an adverse reaction, dilute with carrier oil- skin irritation is the most common and most reactions resolve within 24-48 hours after exposure. Discontinue use of an oil if your pet shows signs of distress, drooling, squinting, rubbing their face, vocalizations, shaking, vomiting , or diarrhea. Seek veterinary attention if the symptoms are significant! Keep the lids on your bottles and store them in a safe place such as a closed box to prevent your pets from “borrowing” one of your oils!”
Leave a Reply